Identification and introduction of efficient measures for reducing the negative anthropogenic impacts on the ecosystem of Lake Ladoga in order to increase the fish population and to make drinking water quality better.
Objective of the project:
Improvement of water resources management and utilization in the Northern Ladoga region.
- Mapping of water and bio-resources
- Introduction of pre-investment measures and investment planning
- Implementation of a pilot investment project
- Environmental engineering and water resources management education
- Dissemination and multiplication
- Full information, maps and data on current condition of Northern Ladoga ecosystem obtained
- Recommendations and pre-investment measures based on the modern technologies developed and handed over to local and regional stakeholders.
- Pilot infrastructural project is implemented
- New technologies and knowledge in the field of sustainable natural resources management are obtained by local and regional organisations and experts.
Total budget: 746 811 €
ANO “Energy Efficiency Centre”
Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE), Joensuu office
Closed JSC Karelvodokanal
Non-profit partnership “Centre for Problems of the North, Arctic and Cross-border Cooperation
ELY Centre, Oulu office
Project manager - Alexander Berdino, +7921 726 14 28, alexberdino[at]gmail.com
Where the project can be found:
http://kaeec.ru (RUS and ENG)