The fifth call for proposals of the Karelia ENPI CBC Programme concentrating on social wellbeing will be opened on February 1st 2012. The first phase of the call closes on March 19th.
The overall objective for the call is to find innovative and effective cross-border activities creating and increasing wellbeing of the population of the programme region.
The specific objectives are:
- to develop and modernize the social services,
- to create and develop regional operating models for welfare services,
- to increase awareness and the skills level of people working with special target groups (disabled, elderly etc.),
- to survey models to organize and adjust the social services to the conditions with long distance sparse population and cold atmosphere,
- to support and develop entrepreneurship on welfare service sector,
- to find ideas and efficient activities maintaining and increasing the wellbeing of children and youth in the programme region,
- to create and develop operating models, such as the early interference model and preventative work, in order to prevent social exclusion,
- to support and encourage healthy lifestyle of the population, including for example physical activities and nutrition,
- to develop low threshold environments and to promote self-employment possibilities for the disabled people.
The call for proposals is restricted; on the first phase of the call a concept note is submitted to the Joint Managing Authority. Grant applications are submitted suring the second phase of the call. Funding is applied, on both phases, using the EMOS system.
The overall indicative amount made available under this call is EUR 3 000 000. Minimum amount of the grant is EUR 50 000. No grant may exceed 90% of the total eligible costs of the action.
The applicant's package is published on February 1st 2012.