Third call opened
Karelia ENPI CBC Programme's third call for proposals is opened. The first phase of the call closes on 3rd Novermber 2011. The call concentrates on activities which seek cross-border solutions for forest based cooperation and for questions relating to sustainable energy.
Financing for multiple use of forests and for sustainable energy solutions
The overall objective for the call is to strengthen cross-border cooperation in forest and energy based cooperation. The intention is to find innovative approaches for forest based cooperation and to promote sustainable energy solutions.
Projects concentrating on following activities will be funded:
- promoting wood and forest related cross-border business opportunities
- improving the wood processing with cross-border cooperation
- supporting and promoting the use of local bio-energy and wood as energy sources
- supporting activities which promote comprehensive energy efficient solutions in community planning and building
- promoting wood as a building material
- promoting forest, wood and bio-energy related investment opportunities in the programme region
- developing forest and wood related know-how and expertise
- developing know-how and expertise relating to sustainable energy, energy-efficiency, energy measurement and control
- supporting eco-friendly and energy-efficient attitudes on living and neighborhoods
- promoting the multiple use of forests
Applying for funding
The call for proposals is restricted; on the first phase of the call a short concept note describing the project idea and listing the project partners is submitted to the Joint Managing Authority. The Selection Committee of the programme chooses the best concepts of which grant applications are submitted to the JMA on the second phase of the call.
The funding available is 6,8 million euros. The minimum amount of a grant is 50 000 euros. No grant may exceed 90 % of the total eligible costs of the action.
The actors participating in the implementation of a project needs as a primary rule originate from the programme region (Oulu region, Kainuu and North Karelia in Finland and the Republic of Karelia in Russia). Organisations outside the programme region are eligible to participate if they have know-how that is needed in the project implementation.
According to the initial timetable the projects of the third call will be launched during summer/autumn 2012 and will be finished by the end of 2014.
Before drafting a concept note or a grant application it is important to familiarize with the applicant's package, especially with the guidelines of the call. Also the programme manual might be helpful. Both the concept notes and the grant applications are drafted using the EMOS system at https://enpi.fi.
The information events of the call will be organised as follows:
Kajaani on Wed 7th Sep at 4 p.m., Sokos hotel Valjus
Joensuu on Thu 8th Sep at 9 a.m., Joensuun tiedepuisto, Louhela-sali
Kostamus on Wed 14th Sep at 9 a.m., Barents link center
Sortavala time and place to be announced later
Henna-Mari Helenius, tel. +358 50 9180 049